RJ-45 Snagless Strain Relief Boots -25 pk
- Prevents broken connector tabs and snagging while extending connector life
- Minimizes cable bends that can reduce data speed and result in data loss
- Dampens cable movement and vibrations that can result in premature connector failure
- Sized for Cat 5e and smaller diameter Cat 6 twisted pair cables
- Fits industry standard RJ-45 8P8C connectors
Strain relief boots can be used when a new patch cable is being made. The boots need to be placed onto the cable before both connector ends are terminated. The boots help to protect the modular plug body, especially the latch tab, from external handling damage. The strain relief feature on the boots helps to maintain the cable bend radius and limits conductor movement inside of the connector that can lead to continuity failures over time.