B-TAP® Insulation Piercing Tap Connector, Main 500-2/0,Tap 4/0-4
- Breakaway torque nut snaps off when UL torque requirements are met
- Second nut remains for easy connector removal
- Self-insulated housing eliminates the need for tape. Safely installs on energized systems
- Grease-filled end cap seals end of conductor for superior weather protection
- Grease-filled boots protect copper teeth from corrosion and prevent arcing
- Hardened copper teeth pierce insulation and bite into conductors
- Rated to 90°C and 600V
- Can be used on Cu-Cu, Al-Al, Cu-Al, and Al-Cu when used in non-tension, insulated applications
- Full line has wire range from #14 to 750 kcmil
Safe, dependable, and easy. No other connector offers as much as the B-TAP® Insulation Piercing Connector. B-TAP® connectors are great for a wide range of applications such as temporary circuits, emergency repairs, disconnect/reconnect, remodeling, maintenance and repair, street lighting, service entrance, risers in high-rise construction, commercial metering, transformers, secondary midspan tap, and much more.
Self-insulating and weather-proof, B-TAP® connectors are installed using only a standard box or socket wrench. A breakaway torque nut guarantees a perfect connection every time. The grease-filled rubber end caps provide superior water and corrosion resistance, while the insulation-piercing design eliminates downtime and power interruptions.
That translates into a 60% installed savings compared to split bolts. The exclusive breakaway torque nut simply snaps off when UL torque requirements are met. No more guesswork! B-TAP® connectors can be safely installed on energized systems, eliminating power interruptions and downtime.
|Maximum Rated Voltage||600V|
|Number of Bolts||2|
|Maximum Wire Gauge Run||500 MCM|
|Minimum Wire Gauge Run||2/0 AWG|
|Maximum Wire Gauge Tap||4/0 AWG|
|Minimum Wire Gauge Tap||4 AWG|
|Torque (in / lb)||330|