Important: Please completely read these Official Rules before entering this contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the www.IDEALind.com registration page and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., 1375 Park Ave., Sycamore, Illinois, 60178
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE IDEAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIANS OR STUDENTS IN AN ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PROGRAM WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATESWHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OR OLDER IN DE, AL OR NE; 21 YEARS OR OLDER IN MS, AND 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes.
3. OVERVIEW AND PROMOTION PERIODS. Eligible contestants participate in a timed skilled contest by following the instructions provided at contest locations. Competitors consist of three divisions: (a) Professional (“Pro” or "Professional"), (b) Student/Apprentice (“Student”), and (c) Student/Apprentice and Professional team (“Pro-Am Team”). The contest consists of different competition levels (“Competition Levels”). The goal is to successfully complete the interrelated tasks using select IDEAL® tools, which are provided at the competition location, in the least amount of time. Contestants are permitted to use their personal IDEAL® tools.
· Teams: All Pro-Am Teams must have two (2) members consisting of one (1) Student enrolled in an electrical apprenticeship program and (1) Professional employed by a licensed electrical contractor. Limit one (1) Pro-Am team per contractor can qualify for Championship Finals (defined below). Scores from Pro-Am Team competitions cannot be used as an individual contestant score. Each Pro-Am Team of two will participate in “back to back” competition at the same station. The first team contestant begins the clock timer. The second team contestant stops the clock timer. The Pro-Am Team’s score will be the time on the clock timer after the second team contestant stops the clock timer after successful completion of all the tasks.
· Individual contestants: Individual contestants may sign up as either a Pro or a Student depending on their status at the time of the competition. During competitions, Pro and Student contestants will start and stop the clock timer located at their table upon the successful completion of all the tasks.
· Contestant may qualify for Championship Finals as an Individual contestant or as part of a Pro-Am Team. However, contestants may only compete in one division during Championship Finals. Contestants who qualify as an Individual contestant and as part of a Team will have until 5:00 PM CST on November 8, 2021 to inform Sponsor the division in which the contestant will compete.
· Qualifying Round - Local competitions will be held in all fifty (50) U.S. States at select IDEAL distributor and retail locations, trade schools, and trade shows located throughout the United States at advertised times. The Qualifying Round period for is from August 1, 2020 through October 31, 2021. Dates, times and locations for the Qualifying Round competitions will be posted on www.IDEALind.com and advertised through various other means. During the Qualifying Round, the top score in each category from every competition will be recorded. A contestant’s recorded top score will be recorded and ranked in contestant’s state of residency, not the location of the local competition in which contestant participates. Qualifying Round Individual contestants and Pro-Am Teams may compete once per event but may compete at multiple locations in one day. The Pro, and Student with the top score in their respective category from each U.S. State will advance to the Championship Finals. In addition, the ten (10) U.S. Pro-Am Teams with the top scores across the United States will advance to the Championship Finals (Collectively, the Student, Pro and Pro-Am Teams will be referred to as the “Championship Finalists”). For purposes of the competitions, there will be no ties; individual contestants and Pro-Am Teams must beat top previous score in their category in order for their time to register and be counted.
· Automatic Qualifying Events - There will be up to ten (10) Championship Finals Automatic Qualifying Events held at specific trade show and other venues to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The fastest Pro time and fastest Student time from each of the 10 (10) Championship Finals Automatic Qualifying Events will advance to Championship Finals. The location of each Championship Finals Automatic Qualifying Event will be posted on IDEALind.com. at least 30 days before the Championship Finals Automatic Qualifying Event.
· Lowe's Qualifying Events - There will be up to fifteen (15) competitions held at Lowe's stores across the U.S. During these competitions, the top score in each category from every competition will be recorded. A contestant’s recorded top score will be recorded and ranked in contestant’s state of residency, not the location of the local competition in which contestant participates. The Student and Pro with the top score out of all Lowe's Qualifying Events will advance to Championship Finals.
· Championship Finals (4 Rounds for Student and Pro level/2 Rounds for Pro-Am Team) – The Championship Finals will take place at the Music City Center in Nashville, TN on December 15 through December 17, 2021 (the "Championship Finals") where the Championship Finalists will compete on the following dates, in their respective categories, and advance according to the following schedule:
o Championship Finals Pro-Am Team Round 1, December 15, 2021 – The three (3) Pro-Am Teams with the best score will advance to the Championship Finals Round 4.
o Championship Finals Round 1, December 16, 2021 - The thirty (30) Pros and thirty (30) Students with the best score will advance to the Championship Finals Round 2.
o Championship Finals Students Round 2, December 16, 2021 – The ten (10) Students with the best cumulative score from Round 1 and Round 2 will advance to the Championship Finals Round 3.
o Championship Finals Students Round 3, December 16, 2021 – The five (5) Students with the best cumulative score from Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3 will advance to the Championship Finals Round 4.
o Championship Finals Pro Round 2, December 17, 2021 – The ten (10) Pros with the best cumulative score from Round 1 and Round 2 will advance to the Championship Finals Round 3.
o Championship Finals Pro Round 3, December 17, 2021 – The five (5) Pros with the best cumulative score from Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3 will advance to the Championship Finals Round 4.
o Championship Finals Round 4, December 17, 2021 – One (1) Pro, one (1) Student, and one (1) Pro-Am Team with the best Round 4 score will be declared the grand prize winners. Prizes will also be awarded to the second and third place individual competitors and the second place team, as described in Section 6 below.
o Contest times may not be continuous and contest activities may be paused, at Sponsor’s discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the contest by registering online at www.IDEALind.com starting August 1, 2021. Competitions will take place from August 1, 2021 through October 31, 2021 in the United States. Contestants will be required to use their email to check into local competition events. A unique event code will be provided at each competition location. All entries must take place no earlier than August 1 or otherwise during the Qualifying Round period of the respective contest periods to be eligible to win a prize. The dates and times of the events are determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor and may be subject to change.
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided at time of Contest entry become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the contestant disqualified. All contestants are required to sign a Contest Waiver and Release before participating, which is available on www.IDEALind.com or may be made available at competition events by Sponsor.
6. PRIZES. Up to One hundred seventy (170) Championship Finalist Prizes: Championship Finalists will be required to attend the Championship Finals in Nashville, TN on December 15, 2021 through December 17, 2021 to be eligible to win a prize (the “Event.”) If a Championship Finalist does not attend the Event for any reason, he or she will be disqualified. Sponsor will provide each Championship Finalist round-trip travel to attend the Event. Travel includes round trip coach air transportation for each Championship Finalist from a major commercial airport near Championship Finalist’s home residence (as determined by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent) to Nashville International Airport, ground transportation from airport to hotel and return to airport on day of departure, ground transportation to and from Event location, hotel lodging, and a meal package. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Championship Finalists proximity to Event location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Trip must be booked through Sponsor’s designated agent. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Sponsor and the airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein including but not limited to, ground transportation (other than stated above), meals not included in the meal package, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are solely the responsibility of Championship Finalists. Championship Finalists must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel. Airline tickets are non-transferrable and are not subject to cash substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated vouchers or airline tickets. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, travel providers, or any other persons providing any travel-related service or accommodation. Additional trip details and information are provided to the Championship Finalists by the Sponsor at the time of Championship Finals advancement notification. Championship Finalists are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their own option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. In the event a winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, winner may be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be selected. All prizes are conditional upon Championship Finalists’ execution and return of any and all required documents by Sponsor.
PRIZES AFTER FINAL ROUND:
First Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing first will receive a sixty thousand ($60,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing second will receive a twenty-five thousand ($25,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing third will receive a ten thousand ($10,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
First Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing first will receive a forty thousand ($40,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing second will receive a twenty thousand ($20,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing third will receive a ten thousand ($10,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
PRO-AM TEAM PRIZES:
First Place Prize: One (1) Pro-Am Team placing first will receive a forty thousand ($40,000 USD) cash prize, to be divided equally among the two Pro-Am Team members, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win. The Pro-Am Team’s Company owner will receive five thousand ($5,000 USD) in IDEALcash, which can be used to buy IDEAL® products, dropped-shipped from Sponsor. The Pro-Am Team’s school will receive ten thousand ($5000 USD) in IDEALcash, which can be used to buy IDEAL® products, dropped-shipped from Sponsor.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Pro-Am Team placing second will receive a twenty thousand ($20,000 USD) cash prize, to be divided equally among the two Team members, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
All prize winners may also be featured on Sponsor’s website, social media sites, and other marketing materials.
7. ODDS OF WINNING, TAXES, AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the contest, and on each participant’s skill level. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported by Sponsor to the IRS for tax purposes, as required by law. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. SPONSOR DOES NOT PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. Contestants ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THEIR OWN TAX ADVISOR REGARDING TAX IMPLICATIONS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $599.00 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS Form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS by Sponsor. For Canadian winners, Sponsor may withhold applicable US taxes, if required by law. The prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after delivery of notification, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful or, alternatively, winner fails or refuses to provide any information required in this section. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted, unless otherwise provided herein.
8. WINNER SELECTION. The winners will be determined by the best time by category at the Qualifying Round and by the best score at the Championship Finals, as described in Section 3. Official time is kept by a Sponsor-provided time clock at each table at competition locations and the fastest times are kept and recorded by Sponsor personnel. Judgment calls or qualification decisions by Sponsor personnel are final and binding. The final winners will be announced December 17, 2020 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, TN. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions provided in the notification.
9. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST; WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at www.IDEALind.comor send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Official Rules. To obtain a list of contest winners, visit www.idealind.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope after December 31, 2021 to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Winners List.
10. USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sponsor's licensees to use the winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. RELEASE. By entering this Contest you release Sponsor, all participating distributors, retailers, schools or co-sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, wholesalers, distributors, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action related to any claim, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, acceptance, possession, use or inability to use any prize (including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, weather intentional or intentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late entries; (b) any electronic, hardware, software, malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible or liability to any participant or winner for failure to continue the Contest or supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control. Sponsor is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a purpose. Sponsor will have no further obligation to winners beyond as stated in these Official Rules.
13. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any contestant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Further, Sponsor’s reserves the right to suspend or cancel a contestant’s participation in this event and future events, at any time during the Contest, in its absolute and sole discretion, for any unruly behavior or misconduct, including without limitation harassment, intimidation, threats or acts of violence or exhibiting poor sportsmanship. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Contest for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to the winner with the next best tallied time from all eligible entries for each category received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or activity that defrauds or is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification, forfeiture of any prizes won, and possible prosecution to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois. Contestants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Illinois. Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please mail written questions to IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc., Attn: The IDEAL National Championship Contest – Contest Questions, 1375 Park Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178. Championship Final rounds are conducted under the auspices of the US National Electrical Code as chosen by the Sponsor.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. The copyrights to the Official Rules and all accompanying materials belong to Sponsor.
© 2021 by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. All rights reserved.