Important: Please completely read these Official Rules before entering this contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the www.idealind.com registration page and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., 1375 Park Ave., Sycamore, Illinois, 60178
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE IDEAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS IN AN ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PROGRAM WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), OR CANADA AND ITS PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES, WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OR OLDER IN DE, AL OR NE; 21 YEARS OR OLDER IN MS, AND 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER US STATES)). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes.
3. OVERVIEW AND CONTEST PERIODS. Eligible contestants participate in a timed skilled contest by following the instructions provided at contest locations. The contest consists of different competition levels (“Competition Levels”). The goal is for the student/apprentice (“Student”) to successfully complete the interrelated tasks using select IDEAL® tools, which are provided at the competition location, in the least amount of time. Contestants are permitted to use their personal IDEAL® tools. During competitions, contestants will start and stop the clock timer located at their table upon the successful completion of all the tasks. Contestants may qualify for the Championship Finals.
U.S. Qualifying Round - Competitions will be held at four (4) U.S. trade shows: Upper Midwest Show, April 19 – 20, 2023, in Minneapolis, MN; National Training Institute Trade Show (NTI), July 29 – 30, 2023 in Ann Arbor, MI; National Electrical Contractors Association Show (NECA), September 30 – October 2, 2023 in Philadelphia, PA; SPARK (Independent Electrical Contractors Show), October 16 – 18, 2023 in Dallas, TX. The top four (4) Student scores from every competition will be recorded. Qualifying Round contestants may record one official score per day per event. The two (2) Students with the top score from each event will advance to the Championship Finals. The two (2) Students with the best third place scores out of all four competitions will advance to the Championship Finalists (The Student contestants will be referred to as the “Championship Finalists”). For purposes of the competitions, there will be no ties; contestants must beat top previous score in order for their time to register and be counted. Prizes will also be awarded to the Championship Finalists as well as second, third, and fourth place contestants at each competition, as described in Section 6 below.
Canadian Qualifying Round – Local competitions will be held in six Canadian Regions: Region A (British Columbia/Yukon), Region B (Alberta/Northwest Territories/Nunavut), Region C (Saskatchewan/Manitoba), Region D (Ontario), Region E (Quebec), and Region F (New Brunswick/ Prince Edward Island/ Nova Scotia/ Newfoundland and Labrador) at select trade schools. The Qualifying Round period is from March 20, 2023, through October 27, 2023. Dates, times, and locations for the Qualifying Round competitions will be posted on www.idealind.com and advertised through various other means. During the Qualifying Round, the Student top score from every competition will be recorded. A contestant’s recorded top score will be recorded and ranked in contestant’s Canadian Region. Qualifying Round contestants may record one official score per event. The Student with the top score from each applicable Canadian region will be declared the Regional Winner. The Student contestant will be referred to as the “Regional Winner”). Additionally, the Regional Winner non-union Student and Regional Winner IBEW with the best overall score will receive a bonus prize. For purposes of the competitions, there will be no ties; contestants must beat top previous score in their category in order for their time to register and be counted. Prizes will be awarded to the Regional Winners, as described in Section 6 below.
Championship Finals (2 Rounds) – The Championship Finals will take place at the Tampa Bay Convention Center in Tampa, FL on October 27, 2023 (the "Championship Finals") where the Championship Finalists will compete on the following dates, and advance according to the following schedule:
4. HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the contest by registering online at www.idealind.com starting March 20 2023. Competitions will take place from March 20, 2023, through October 27, 2023, in the United States and Canada. Contestants will be required to use their email to check into local competition events. A unique event code will be provided at each competition location. All entries must take place no earlier than March 20th or otherwise during the Qualifying Round period of the respective contest periods to be eligible to win a prize. The dates and times of the events are determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor and may be subject to change.
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided at time of Contest entry become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the contestant disqualified. All contestants are required to sign a Contest Waiver and Release before participating, which is available on www.idealind.com or may be made available at competition events by Sponsor.
6. PRIZES. Up to sixteen (16) U.S. Qualifying Round Student Contestant Prizes, up to eight (8) Canadian Qualifying Round Student Contestant Prizes, and Up to ten (10) Championship Finalist Prizes: Championship Finalists will be required to attend the Championship Finals in Tampa, FL on October 27, 2023 to be eligible to win a prize (the “Event.”) If a Championship Finalist does not attend the Event for any reason, he or she will be disqualified. Sponsor will provide each Championship Finalist round-trip travel to attend the Event. Travel includes round trip coach air transportation for each Championship Finalist from a major commercial airport near Championship Finalist’s home residence (as determined by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent) to Tampa International Airport, ground transportation from airport to hotel and return to airport on day of departure, ground transportation to and from Event location, hotel lodging, and a meal package. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Championship Finalists proximity to Event location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Trip must be booked through Sponsor’s designated agent. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Sponsor and the airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein including but not limited to, ground transportation (other than stated above), meals not included in the meal package, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, or other expenses, are solely the responsibility of Championship Finalists. Championship Finalists must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel. Airline tickets are non-transferrable and are not subject to cash substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated vouchers or airline tickets. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, travel providers, or any other persons providing any travel-related service or accommodation. Additional trip details and information are provided to the Championship Finalists by the Sponsor at the time of Championship Finals advancement notification. Championship Finalists are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their own option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. In the event a winner declines or cannot accept, receive, or use the prize for any reason, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, winner may be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be selected. All prizes are conditional upon Championship Finalists’ execution and return of any and all required documents by Sponsor.
PRIZES AFTER U.S. QUALIFING ROUND:
PRIZES AFTER CANADIAN QUALIFYING ROUND:
PRIZES AFTER FINAL ROUND (U.S. ONLY):
All prize winners may also be featured on Sponsor’s website, social media sites, and other marketing materials.
7. ODDS OF WINNING, TAXES, AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. For The contest, odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the contest, and on each participant’s skill level. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported by Sponsor to the applicable tax department for tax purposes, as required by law. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. SPONSOR DOES NOT PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. Contestants ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THEIR OWN TAX ADVISOR REGARDING TAX IMPLICATIONS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $599.00 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS Form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS by Sponsor. For Canadian winners, Sponsor may withhold applicable US taxes, if required by law. The prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after delivery of notification, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful or, alternatively, winner fails or refuses to provide any information required in this section. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted, unless otherwise provided herein.
8. WINNER SELECTION. The winners will be determined by the best time by category at the Qualifying Round and by the best score at the Championship Finals, as described in Section 3. Official time is kept by a Sponsor-provided time clock at each table at competition locations and the fastest times are kept and recorded by Sponsor personnel. Judgment calls or qualification decisions by Sponsor personnel are final and binding. The final winners will be announced October 27, 2023, at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions provided in the notification.
9. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST; WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at www.idealind.com or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Official Rules. To obtain a list of contest winners, visit www.idealind.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope after October 27,2023, to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Winners List.
10. USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sponsor's licensees, or agents to use the winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. All prize winners may also be featured on Sponsor’s website, social media sites, and other marketing materials.
12. RELEASE. By participating in this contest, on your behalf and on behalf of your respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”) you hereby release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, Sponsor, professional advisors, and agencies, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (“Released Parties”), from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from entrant’s participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, such exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any late, lost. misrouted, or distorted transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Entrants assume all risk for any injury, including death or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use, misuse, or redemption of any prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or unclaimed prizes.
13.MISCELLANEOUS. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Contest for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE OR TAMPER WITH THE OPERATION OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entrants who engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please mail written questions to IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc., Attn: The IDEAL National Championship Contest – Contest Questions, 1375 Park Avenue, Sycamore, IL 60178. Championship Final rounds are conducted under the auspices of the US National Electrical Code as chosen by the Sponsor.
14. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. The copyrights to the Official Rules and all accompanying materials belong to Sponsor. © 2023 by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. All rights reserved.