EN | FR
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Important: Please completely read these Official Rules before entering this virtual contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the Stay Wired to Win page on the https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html website and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. IDEAL Industries (Canada), Corp., 33 Fuller Road, Ajax, Ontario L1S 2E1
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE STAY WIRED TO WIN CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIANS OR STUDENTS IN AN ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PROGRAM WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND IDEAL ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit one (1) entry per contestant, per contest.
3. OVERVIEW AND PROMOTION PERIODS. Eligible contestants participate in a contest by following the instructions provided on the https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html website. Competitors consist of two divisions: (a) Professional (“Pro” or "Professional") and (b) Student/Apprentice (“Student”). The contest consists of different competition levels (“Competition Levels”). The goal is to successfully complete the tasks per competition instructions.
Individual contestants: Individual contestants may sign up as either a Pro or a Student depending on their status at the time of the registering. During competitions, Pro and Student contestants will follow the competition instructions for beginning and ending the contest.
Qualifying Round(s) - Four (4) competitions will be announced on https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html April 12, 2021; May10, 2021; June 10, 2021; July 8, 2021 and August 12, 2021. Each competition is unique with different submission requirements. The Qualifying Round period is from April 12, 2021 through July 22, 2021. During the Qualifying Round, up to the top five (5) scores in each category from every competition advance to the Finals. (Collectively, the Students and Pros will be referred to as the “Finalists”). For purposes of the competitions, there will be no ties; each Qualifying Round competition will have a tiebreaker announced in the competition instructions.
Finals – The Finals will take place online on August 12, 2021 through August 15, 2021 (the "Finals") where the Finalists will compete in one (1) competition, in their respective categories. Two (2) Pros and two (2) Students will be declared the grand prize winners.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest. Contestants must visit the Stay Wired to Win page on the https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html website and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry during the entry dates listed below. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by contestant’s online service providers will apply. Only one submission per competitor per contest is allowed. The dates and times of the events are determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor and may be subject to change. All video entries must be submitted during the applicable entry periods. Failure to submit all required information and submission in the manner required may result in disqualification. Proof of submission of a video entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
QUALIFYING ROUNDS ENTRY DATES
April 12, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through April 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
May 10, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through May 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
June 10, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through June 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
July 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through July 22, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
FINAL ROUND COMPETITION DATES
August 12, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. (CST) through August 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided at time of Contest entry become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the contestant disqualified.
6. PRIZES. During the Qualifying Round, the competitors with the top five (5) scores in each category from every competition advance to the Finals and will receive a $100 VISA Gift Card and a forged wire stripper.
PRIZES AFTER FINAL ROUND:
Two (2) Pro contestants placing first and second will win an IDEAL Prize Pack
Two (2) Student contestants placing first and second will win an IDEAL Prize Pack
7. ODDS OF WINNING, TAXES, AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the contest, and on each participant’s skill level. The prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after delivery of notification, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful or, alternatively, winner fails or refuses to provide any information required in this section. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted, unless otherwise provided herein.
8. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be determined by best score by Student and Pro categories at the Qualifying Round(s) and by the best score at the Finals, as described in Section 3. Eligible video entries received during the entry period will be judged by a judging panel consisting of Sponsor’s employees, who will score the video entries in accordance with the judging criteria referenced at https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html. The time stamp on contestant’s mobile device shall be considered the official time. Judgment calls, qualification decisions, and scoring by the judging panel are final and binding. The final winners will be announced August 19, 2021, on https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions provided in the notification.
9. OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST; WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: Stay Wired to Win – Official Rules. To obtain a list of contest winners, visit https://www.idealind.com/ca/en.html, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope after August 31, 2021 to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: Stay Wired to Win – Winners List.
10. USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sponsor's licensees to use the winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. RELEASE. By entering this Contest you release Sponsor, all participating distributors, retailers, schools or cosponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, wholesalers, distributors, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action related to any claim, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, acceptance, possession, use or inability to use any prize (including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or intentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late entries; (b) any electronic, hardware, software, malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible or liability to any participant or winner for failure to continue the Contest or supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasigovernmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control. Sponsor is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a purpose. Sponsor will have no further obligation to winners beyond as stated in these Official Rules.
13. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any contestant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Further, Sponsor’s reserves the right to suspend or cancel a contestant’s participation in this event and future events, at any time during the Contest, in its absolute and sole discretion, for any unruly behavior or misconduct, including without limitation harassment, intimidation, threats or acts of violence or exhibiting poor sportsmanship. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Contest for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to the winner with the next best tallied time from all eligible entries for each category received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or activity that defrauds or is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification, forfeiture of any prizes won, and possible prosecution to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise related to) these Rules or relating to the Contest.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. © 2021 IDEAL Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.