Non-Contact Voltage Tester Dual Range 12 to 1000V AC
Dual Range 12-1000V AC NCVT w/Flashlight
The IDEAL 61-657 is CAT IV 1000 V AC, IP67 UL Listed, Dual Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester that automatically detects and indicates the presence of voltages between 12 to 1000V AC (Low Range) and 50 to 1000V AC (High Range) with the push of a button. The tester can sustain a drop from 6.6 ft (2 m) and provides non-contact detection of voltage through an antenna enclosed in plastic at the tip of the tester which senses the presence of the electromagnetic field present around live conductors. The tip is illuminated by a green LED when powered on and switches to a red flashing LED, and audible beep that increase in frequency as the voltage level increases. The tester is powered by two 1.5V AAA batteries and features an in tip LED flash light, an audible disable function, a lanyard tie-off point, an auto power off function and a low battery indication.
- UL Certified CAT IV 1000V AC, 12-1000 V AC Low Range, 50 to 1000 V AC High Range
- Senses 2 voltage ranges 12 to 1000V AC (Low ) or 50 to 1000V AC (High) allowing detection of low voltages (doorbells, thermostats, irrigation wiring, etc.) and standard voltage in tamper-resistant outlets when the tip is located near the Hot receptacle and/or Hot Connection point on the outlet.
- Dust Tight and Water proof (1 m for 30 minutes) Industrial Design makes this tester easy to grip and capable of sustaining a drop from 6.5 ft (2 m).
- An LED Flashlight in the tip operates independently of the tester functions and can be used to illuminate the work area. Press the Flashlight Button to turn it On/Off. The tester is set to Flashlight Off. The Flashlight will Auto Power Off after 5 minutes.
- Audible Notification Disable - The tester can be operated with a visual only indication of voltage when working in noise sensitive/noise restricted area with the simple press of a speaker button.
- Auto Power Off - After 10 minutes of inactivity (no button pressed and no signals detected), the tester will emit one long beep (~0.5s) and then shut off. Note: if the flashlight is on, it will be also shut off.
- Low Battery Indication - If battery voltage is less than around 2.4V, the green led in the tip will flash 3 times and the buzzer will send out one long beep, then turn off the device.